Did you see a friend add from me and have no idea who I am? Well, I'm Topknot. I read, I draw, I write, I snap photographs, and I craft. And so, I am fascinated with other people's work in relevant fields. So, if you've seen an add from me, chances are that you have cool art, are a good writer, make pretty things, are a world builder, post about fashion [personal or otherwise], or have interesting opinions on the these subjects.
In my journal, I post sketches, art, snip-its of writing, world building things, crafts I make [crochet, beading, wire work, paper crafts, ect], photos, and other things. You may or may not know me from Fur Affinity or Deviant Art under the user-name Capt-Topknot, or Tegaki, under the user-name Topknot-Forever. If not, I found you through livejournal and liked your art.
Questions? Feel free to ask! If not, I hope you add me back so I can enjoy your postings!
This entry also serves as my writing directory where you can find a list of my writing online! Peruse at our convince and enjoy! This page is a work in progress, so expect changes and check back often for additions.
- Notorious Stories. [Elves, Humans, Vampires, etc, in a fantasy, renaissance-like setting.] - A young woman learns the hard way that people should not limit themselves to what others think they can do. She takes this knowledge with her as she travels her planet, carefully collecting a crew of castoffs to sail on her ship. Topknot and her marry misfits not only learn about each other on their adventures but also what it means to be faithful to one’s self while still working towards a community goal, as they redefine conventional notions of what it means to be a true hero, try to take down a corrupt government, and attempt to track down a mysterious figure known as, “The King of pirates.” I regret to announce that the Notorious Stories website has been officially retired. Over the years I shared this website with a group of dedicated, lovely people who inspired me to turn my short stories into a series of novels, so fear not, the characters and story live on, though the site is gone. While they are not yet published, the series does have its own Facebook page, over at Good Fortune. Notorious Stories is officially retired.
- Shallow Creek. [Humans, Earth in the modern day.] Shallow Creek tells the story of Jim and his daughter Sandy, and their battle against things that go bump in the night. Read along as Jim searches for answers about the death of his wife Alice. Shallow Creek is a loosely written story most easily defined as "horror" or "thriller". It has its own website and the website is also written from the point of view of the main character, Jim. Shallow Creek is Currently on hiatus.
Dualworld Stories.[Furries/Anthro mostly, set in the fantasy of Nodd, the center of my world building prokect.] Stories about the world of Nodd. Stories are listed in chronological order.
1. Intro to Nodd [from the point of view of Bell] An Open Letter.
2. Rose's Beginnings - How the Jester Got her Mark [A Knights of Nodd Story]. The story of how Snowbright got her infamous forehead scar and when Rose first discovers her love of the art of the Jester.
3. Knight of the Realm Parts 1 and 2. This work in progress story illustrates how Kitti got her Rifter and how she became a Knight of for Queen.
4. Never Fear The Fall. The story of how the Knight Kitti got her wings back and the introduction of the character Snowbright.
5. Heart of the Mountain. [Furries/Anthro mostly, set in the fantasy world of Nodd]. Archimedes and Bell are two scientists studying in two very different fields. Bell is studying the flora and fauna of Nodd, immersing herself in her home’s natural world, while Archimedes is experimenting in the arcane science of artifact technology, trying to find the laws of physics in Nodd, and doing his best to push past them. His newest project is as mysterious to Bell as the rest of the world, and when he asks for her assistance with it her curiosity leads her to his door. She finds there a computer that is learning to walk and a machine designed to artificially generate souls. Magic and technology wind together in this tale of romance ,dangerous magic, and defunct technology. This story featuring two popular Knights of Nodd characters explores not only some new parts of Nodd and its laws of science and magic, but the events that lead to the relationship between Archimedes and Bell. A webseries coming soon!
6. Singularity. [Furries/Anthro, set in the fantasy world of Nodd]. Segregated and left for many years to progress without outside influence as a result of the most recent civil war, the culture of the Dragons is rich, steeped in ritual and expectations, and unique in their world. Singularity focuses the life of a young Dragon named Veli. Dragons have three sexes, and this story examines not only the roll of sex and sexuality in society, but also what it is like be be a young person feeling as though they are ever the outcast. Singularity asks some hard to answer questions about a person's responsibility to their family and their society and how to balance that with their responsibility to themselves. A livejournal based webseries that will eventually be posted in a more public format. You can go to this story's tag, or you can jump to the first entry.
- Writing. - Just a general tag for writing posted here on Livejournal.
- Q and A with Topknot. - Short questions, long answers!
A place to keep track of things related to my writing, that are not my writing.
- Nodd's International Library Inex. - Coming soon!
- Nodd Wiki. - Coming soon!
- My Artist's Manifesto and Mission Statement.
- Commission Information.
- Kristin's/Topknot's Commissioned/Buyer Feedback [please click here if I've bought something from you!]. This is a new page, please help it grow if we have an applicable past experience together!
- Kristin's/Topknot's Commission/Seller Feedback [please click here if you bought something from me!]. This is a new page, please help it grow if we have an applicable past experience together!
A Note to readers: Please, if you see something on this page that is worded in a way that's hard to understand, let me know via comment! This page is for your information, so the easier the information is to understand and access, the better!